Skip to main content

Featured Post

NDC Lagos Condemns “False, Misleading and Malicious” Publication Targeting State Leadership

  The attention of the leadership of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Lagos State Chapter, has been drawn to a misleading and malicious publication currently circulating online under the title: “A Call For An Immediate Vote of No Confidence on the Failed Leadership of NDC Lagos.” Ordinarily, the party would not dignify baseless propaganda and politically motivated attacks with a response. However, in the interest of our members, aspirants, supporters, and the general public, it has become necessary to set the record straight and correct the false narratives deliberately being spread to create confusion and disunity within the party. First, we categorically reject the false allegations of extortion, exploitation, and coercion against the leadership of NDC Lagos State. At no point were aspirants forced or compelled to make any unofficial payments. The only approved payments made by aspirants were the officially recognized screening fees as directed and approved by the National ...

Naira Redesign: Squeeze, Spray Notes, Face Wrath Of Law – CBN

 The Central Bank of Nigeria has reemphasised the need for Nigerians to handle the new naira notes with dignity as strict consequences await those mishandling the currency.



Speaking at a sensitisation, enlightenment and bank fair programme held in Osogbo, Osun state on Thursday, ahead of the introduction of the redesign notes, the CBN’s Director of Corporate Communications, Mr, Osita Nwanisobi, said the Naira is a symbol of national pride and must be handle with care.


Represented by Akpama Uket, he said there are damning consequences for those who handle the Naira without dignity.


According to him, “The Naira remains a symbol of our national pride which must be treated with utmost dignity. I, therefore urged you not to spray, squeeze, or counterfeit the Naira, as default goes with serious consequences.


“As you all may be aware, the Central Bank of Nigeria, riding on internationalbest practice and Section 2 (b) of the CBN Act 2007, which stipulates currency management as one of its key functions, has announced the plan to redesign,produce, release, and circulate the new series of three banknotes, out of the existing eight banknotes, comprising N200, N500, and N1000 denominations, respectively, effective 15th December 2022; after its launch by President Muhammadu Buhari.”


On the various successful intervention of the financial institution, Nwanisobi said; “some of the Bank’s interventions which have recorded significant successes in providing the needed support for businesses to grow include the Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP); the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund (MSMEDF), which has supported entrepreneurship development with over N39.26 million.


“The Real Sector Support Facility (RSSF) through Differentiated Cash Reserve Ratio (DCRR), where disbursements to 426 projects across the country stood at N2.10 trillion as at September 2022; and the 100 for 100 Policy on Production and Productivity (PPP) with cumulative disbursement of N93.39 billion to 62 projects within the aforementioned period. Others include the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES), which has recorded total disbursement of N332.43 million; the Healthcare Sector Intervention Facility (HSIF) with cumulative disbursement of N130.54 billion for 131 projects, comprising 32 pharmaceuticals, 60 hospitals, and 39 other services.”


Earlier in her address, the CBN Branch controller, Osogbo Mrs Daphne Madojemu, represented by Anthony Okoro, said the programme aimed to sensitise Nigerians on the activities of the Bank in promoting the country’s economic stability.


“This year’s CBN Fair was unique because it was informative and well articulated on all the bank’s policies especially on the newly introduced electronic Naira and the plan to redesign some of t


he bank’s notes”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Esa-Oke Youths Reunite as Survivors, Caution Pelumi against revisionism

....we’re not your campaign slogan Once upon a glorious, chaotic 2017, practically every able-bodied youth in Esa-Oke held honorary title in the land: Personal Assistant to Barrister Pelumi Olajengbesi. No interviews. No pay. Just passion, blind loyalty, and the stamina to chase him from one campaign ground to the next like a political body double. From Comrade Mainframe to Comrade Swiss, from Yinka Oba to the humble football boys who carried cones like national flags, we were there. We were the movement. Until, of course. Now in 2025, Barrister Pelumi, clearly inspired by a Netflix political drama is on a media tour telling anyone who’ll listen that he "settled everyone who worked for him." Settled who, please? Maybe in his dreams or in the metaverse. In the real world, the story’s a bit different. Those of us from Obokun, who hustled day and night, got exactly zero: no thank you, no handshake. Take Sami, now a former Ward 7 councillor, no thanks from Pelumi. Folusho? Aregbe...

Assassination Attempt: Police can’t deny what’s on their desk, says Amotekun boss

  The Corps Commander of the Osun Amotekun Corps , High Chief Dr Hon. Adekunle Isaac Omoyele , who is currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital following an attempted assassination on his life on Monday, has strongly refuted the claims made by the Osun State Police Spokeperson regarding the incident. Reacting to the statement by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), who claimed that investigations had not commenced because the Commander had not provided evidence of the attack, the Amotekun boss expressed deep disappointment, labeling the police response as insensitive and misleading. "It is shocking that a police spokesperson would say there is no evidence of an attack when the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Ota-Efun Division — the nearest jurisdiction to the incident — was immediately informed," the Commander said. "Officers from that division visited the scene the same night, assessed the damage, evacuated the vehicle, and advised me to seek ...

I Will Pay $10M If Nnamdi Kanu Curtail Insecurity, Ezendigbo Challenge FG, S' East Politicians

The Founder of the Better Nigeria For Better People, Chief. CBN Onwuasoanya Ezendigbo, has lambasted the former Governor of Anambra State and the Presidential candidate in the last general elections under the Labour Party, Peter Obi, for facilitating efforts towards Nnamdi Kanu's release from detention. Ezendigbo, in a statement released on Thursday said that, Nnamdi Kanu lack power to stop insecurity in Southeast Nigeria. According to the former Presidential Aspirant, "Let's have a road map for a 2-month cease-fire agreement to demonstrate that to release the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) would stop insecurity. He's just a political football fan for politicians, he said." "I am challenging both the federal government and Southeast politicians with $10M (Ten Million Dollars), they should tell Nnamdi Kanu if there will be no sit-at-home, no kidnapping in the region, that will give guarantee that he has control over insecurity in the southea...

Media Outreach Newswire

" style="clear: both;">