Skip to main content

Featured Post

NDC Lagos Condemns “False, Misleading and Malicious” Publication Targeting State Leadership

  The attention of the leadership of the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Lagos State Chapter, has been drawn to a misleading and malicious publication currently circulating online under the title: “A Call For An Immediate Vote of No Confidence on the Failed Leadership of NDC Lagos.” Ordinarily, the party would not dignify baseless propaganda and politically motivated attacks with a response. However, in the interest of our members, aspirants, supporters, and the general public, it has become necessary to set the record straight and correct the false narratives deliberately being spread to create confusion and disunity within the party. First, we categorically reject the false allegations of extortion, exploitation, and coercion against the leadership of NDC Lagos State. At no point were aspirants forced or compelled to make any unofficial payments. The only approved payments made by aspirants were the officially recognized screening fees as directed and approved by the National ...

Covid Now Spread Feeely In China

China’s hospitals were already overcrowded, underfunded and inadequately staffed in the best of times. But with Covid now spreading freely in China, the medical system is being pushed to its limits, with patients lining the walls of corridors and emergency departments left exhausted. Health workers on the front lines are also battling rampant infections within their own ranks. In some hospitals, so many have tested positive for the virus that the remaining few who haven’t say that they are forced to do the job of five or more co-workers. To ensure that enough staff members are on the floor, some facilities have given up requiring doctors and nurses to test themselves before work. One doctor in the central city of Wuhan said her hospital’s staff had been so depleted that a neurosurgeon in her department recently had to perform two operations in one day while fighting symptoms of Covid. The actual scale of China’s health emergency has been difficult to gauge. But data released by local authorities suggests the virus is running rampant, with reports from several cities and provinces of hundreds of thousands of infections recorded daily. In Shanghai, one hospital predicted that half of the city’s 25 million residents would eventually be infected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: Esa-Oke Youths Reunite as Survivors, Caution Pelumi against revisionism

....we’re not your campaign slogan Once upon a glorious, chaotic 2017, practically every able-bodied youth in Esa-Oke held honorary title in the land: Personal Assistant to Barrister Pelumi Olajengbesi. No interviews. No pay. Just passion, blind loyalty, and the stamina to chase him from one campaign ground to the next like a political body double. From Comrade Mainframe to Comrade Swiss, from Yinka Oba to the humble football boys who carried cones like national flags, we were there. We were the movement. Until, of course. Now in 2025, Barrister Pelumi, clearly inspired by a Netflix political drama is on a media tour telling anyone who’ll listen that he "settled everyone who worked for him." Settled who, please? Maybe in his dreams or in the metaverse. In the real world, the story’s a bit different. Those of us from Obokun, who hustled day and night, got exactly zero: no thank you, no handshake. Take Sami, now a former Ward 7 councillor, no thanks from Pelumi. Folusho? Aregbe...

Assassination Attempt: Police can’t deny what’s on their desk, says Amotekun boss

  The Corps Commander of the Osun Amotekun Corps , High Chief Dr Hon. Adekunle Isaac Omoyele , who is currently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital following an attempted assassination on his life on Monday, has strongly refuted the claims made by the Osun State Police Spokeperson regarding the incident. Reacting to the statement by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), who claimed that investigations had not commenced because the Commander had not provided evidence of the attack, the Amotekun boss expressed deep disappointment, labeling the police response as insensitive and misleading. "It is shocking that a police spokesperson would say there is no evidence of an attack when the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Ota-Efun Division — the nearest jurisdiction to the incident — was immediately informed," the Commander said. "Officers from that division visited the scene the same night, assessed the damage, evacuated the vehicle, and advised me to seek ...

I Will Pay $10M If Nnamdi Kanu Curtail Insecurity, Ezendigbo Challenge FG, S' East Politicians

The Founder of the Better Nigeria For Better People, Chief. CBN Onwuasoanya Ezendigbo, has lambasted the former Governor of Anambra State and the Presidential candidate in the last general elections under the Labour Party, Peter Obi, for facilitating efforts towards Nnamdi Kanu's release from detention. Ezendigbo, in a statement released on Thursday said that, Nnamdi Kanu lack power to stop insecurity in Southeast Nigeria. According to the former Presidential Aspirant, "Let's have a road map for a 2-month cease-fire agreement to demonstrate that to release the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) would stop insecurity. He's just a political football fan for politicians, he said." "I am challenging both the federal government and Southeast politicians with $10M (Ten Million Dollars), they should tell Nnamdi Kanu if there will be no sit-at-home, no kidnapping in the region, that will give guarantee that he has control over insecurity in the southea...

Media Outreach Newswire

" style="clear: both;">